Immersion Student Scholarship
French International School of Oregon offers a dedicated $5,000 per year merit-based Immersion Student Scholarship (ISS) for one incoming sixth-grade student who has attended other public or private language immersion schools in the local area.
Eligible immersion languages include French, German, Mandarin, and Spanish. Assuming the recipient remains in good academic standing, the ISS would be extended each year through graduation in eighth grade, with no re-application required.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of multiple criteria:
- Completion of a public or private elementary school language immersion program in the Portland area
- Outstanding promise of candidate as exemplified by their academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and habits that show engagement with school and community— attributes that are encouraged for all students at French International
- Exemplary teacher recommendations
The ISS Process
- Inquire by contacting the Office of Admissions via email or phone at (503) 292-7776 ext. 1324 for information about the school and the admissions process.
- Schedule a visit for a campus tour or Middle School admissions event. Tours take place during school hours. Middle School Open Houses and Info Sessions include a presentation by the Middle School Division Head and are an opportunity to meet current teachers, students and parents. Members of the admissions team are available at all tours and events. A full list of available dates can be found on the Admissions Events page.
- Submit an application for admission through our Admissions Portal and complete your file by the February 1 application deadline. The admissions process is outlined on the Admissions page.
- Declare your wish for your child to be considered an ISS candidate by contacting the Office of Admissions in writing before the application deadline. The ISS is awarded at the same time admissions decisions are shared with families in early- to mid-March.
Financial Aid at French International
For school-based financial aid, interested families can go to School and Student Services (SSS), which French International uses to provide objective, equitable, third-party financial needs assessments, and complete a standard financial aid process questionnaire called the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). More than 1,800 private schools and organizations nationwide use SSS. The process is confidential and all documents are handled with the utmost discretion.
The bourse scolaire, financial aid through French government, is available for French citizens.